Availability of Documents
The following documents are available to all members:
- Most recent Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Most recent Summary of Annual Audit
- Most recent Board policy regarding access to article of incorporation, bylaws, rules, guidelines, board policies and copies thereof; and
- Most recent Internal Revenue Service For 990
Definitions of Personal Information
Non-public personal information generally means financial information that is identified with you that is not obtainable from a public source. For example, your account balance is non-public information. In contrast, the fact that you have a mortgage loan with us is public information because your deed of trust or mortgage information includes any list, description, or other grouping of customers that is created using non-public information whether or not the list also includes public information.
How We Obtain Personal Customer Information
We generally obtain personal customer information from you (for example, when you open an account with us). In the conduct of our business, we collect and maintain various types of information about our customers, including:
- Information we receive from you on application forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions;
- Information about your transactions with us; or
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use personal information only for legitimate business purposes in a manner consistent with banking practices in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Your non-public information may be used to:
- Protect the security of an account. For example, the Credit Union may use personal information for identification purposes, to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing an account.
- Conduct our business in a safe and sound manner.
- Satisfy legal requirements. For example, the Credit Union will use a customer's Social Security number for federal income tax reporting purposes.
- Help determine which products and services may best serve the customers' requests.
With Unaffiliated Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to companies or entities unaffiliated with Centex Citizens such as:
- Third Party Services: We disclose your personal information to companies that provide check printing for checking accounts.
- Credit Reporting Agencies: We may disclose information relating to our attaining reports regarding your credit history information through TRW Credit Reporting.
- Data Processing: We may disclose your personal information to third party services providers (EDS) who process all transactions on your accounts.
- Legal: We sometimes may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with subpoenas, court orders, and legal reporting such as to the Internal Revenue Service.
- We may disclose your personal information to protect your accounts against fraud and unauthorized transactions. We may also disclose information to resolve customer disputes, and as necessary, to regulators, attorneys, auditors, and accountants.
- In no event will we disclose to an unaffiliated third party any account number or access code to any of your accounts with us for any marketing purposes without your authorization. We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform other services on our behalf so that we may provide members competitive products and services. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct operations of the credit union, or protect the security of our financial records.
Accuracy of Customer Information
At Centex Citizens Credit Union, it is important that the information we maintain about your accounts with us is as accurate as possible. We maintain internal controls to help ensure the accuracy of such information. If you believe that any such information is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will take appropriate action to correct or amend our records.
Centex Citizens is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and ensuring the accuracy of such information. We collect and maintain information about you to enable us to protect the security of your accounts, conduct business in a manner consistent with federal laws and regulations, provide information and offers on products and services to meet your needs, and satisfy legal requirements.
- Notice to Borrowers
- Account Disclosures
- Mobile Check Deposit Agreement
- USA Patriot Act
- Your Personal Information
- Regulation D